The Pierre Plantard Split with Baigent, Lincoln & Leigh

Paul Smith

08 October 2017
Online At: 6:05 PM GMT


The split between Pierre Plantard and the authors of The Holy Blood and The Holy Grail really began on 18 February 1982, when Plantard rebuked the Jesus Christ bloodline theory on a French Radio interview (audio-recording snippet of the relevant statement was used on the Tony Robinson documentary The Real Da Vinci Code, first shown on Channel Four Television, 3 February 2005).



When The Messianic Legacy was published in 1986 and Baigent, Lincoln and Leigh used documents published in Louis Vazart’s 1983 book Dagobert II et le mystère de la cité royale de Stenay (later republished in a 1984 document deposited in the Bibliothèque Nationale by France Cavaillé entitled Une Enquête du Prieuré de Sion – in an article by Robert Abou), this created further division – because the documents in question formed part of a Priory of Sion history that regarded the two parchments as published by Gérard de Sède in 1967 as forgeries. This was omitted from The Messianic Legacy.

A Priory of Sion Circular dated 8 March 1989 announcing the death of Brother Roger Patrice-Pelat developed the next stage.

Plantard may have been influenced by Mitterrand’s election as President of France and his sketchy past in the Vichy regime; which led to the revival of his wartime journal Vaincre that was to repudiate the history of the Priory of Sion as given in Les Dossiers Secrets (an essential part of The Holy Blood and The Holy Grail).

Depending on which article you read in the various issues of Vaincre (and Le Cercle), the real Priory of Sion was founded in 1738, or in 1629, or in 1681 – and that its true origin had been inspired by the knights of Godfrey de Bouillon (Pierre Plantard Letter, 6 July 1989; Vaincre, Number 3, page 21, September 1989).

These varying accounts, however, emphasise one thing – that the Templar origin of the Priory of Sion – as originally given in Les Dossiers Secrets – was fraudulent because it had been written by Pierre Toscan de Plantier under the influence of LSD (Vaincre, Number 3, page 30, September 1989).

We are now able to officially state that the PRIORY OF SION has no direct or indirect connection with the ORDER OF THE TEMPLE, and that all this fantastic succession of Grand-Masters that authors such as Philippe TOSCAN, Mathieu PAOLI, Henry LINCOLN, Michael BAIGENT, Richard LEIGH, etc. have attributed to it derive merely from people’s imaginations and the realm of fantasy.

Baigent, Lincoln and Leigh did not report any of this information in their books and carried on leaving their readers in ignorance about this matter.

Plantard revised and changed the mythology of his Priory of Sion for a second reason. He appeared on a BBC documentary in 1979 and a French novel about Bérenger Saunière, L'Or du Diable by Jean-Michel Thibaux, published in 1987, had been serialized into a 3-part mini Television series in 1989. Pierre Plantard had ambitions of breaking into Television. Rumours abounded that Plantard wanted a film to be made also called L'Or du Diable and that Saunière’s role was to be played by Roger Hanin (Le Point, 8 January, 1994).


In the meantime, uncritical believers from all over the world continue to exist in a time-warpish existence as if nothing had happened since the late 1980s and that Les Dossiers Secrets and The Holy Blood and The Holy Grail have just been published – coming off the printing presses today – in 2017.



Vaincre Number. 3, September 1989, page 22
Managing Editor: Thomas PLANTARD de SAINT-CLAIR
110, Rue Henri Dunant, 92700 COLOMBES

SOME ARCHIVES OF THE ‘PRIORY OF SION’ DISCOVERED IN BARCELONA…

Since the end of 1939 certain archives of the PRIORY OF SION have been located in BARCELONA, where the Comte de Saint HILLIER deposited them in anticipation of the events that were to lead to the Second World War.

These archives are various statements of Pierre PLANTARD on the date of the foundation of the PRIORY. These sparked off the researches conducted by all the brothers of the ORDER. It was initially thought that certain archives had been sent, before the Second World War, to our Brother Gabriel TRARIEUX d’EGMONT by Brother de SAINT-HILLIER to be kept in MONTE-CARLO, but it was our Brother SAVIO who found evidence of the journey by Gabriel TRARIEUX to BARCELONA in December 1939 and who discovered in the archives in the vault of the Commandery the documents of the Children of Saint VINCENT as well as 60 years of letters and official documents relating to the PRIORY OF SION. According to these documents it is possible to dispel all the various uncertainties regarding the origin of the ORDER. All the documents will be reproduced on microfilm and later published in VAINCRE.

We are now able to officially state that the PRIORY OF SION has no direct or indirect connection with the ORDER OF THE TEMPLE, and that all this fantastic succession of Grand-Masters that authors such as Philippe TOSCAN, Mathieu PAOLI, Henry LINCOLN, Michael BAIGENT, Richard LEIGH, etc. have attributed to it derive merely from people’s imaginations and the realm of fantasy.

The origins of the PRIORY OF SION are actually quite modest. The PRIORY stems from RAZES and is only a more or less direct successor of the Children of St VINCENT and (probably) of the Company of the Blessed Sacrament founded in 1629 by Henri de LEVIS, theoretically then dissolved in 1665, but of which some secret adepts were still in existence 50 years later.

We now know that the PRIORY OF SION dates from 17 January 1681, with, as founder, JEAN-TIMOLEON NEGRI D’ABLES, and with the participation of Blaise d’HAUTPOUL (+1694), and Abbé André-Hercule de FLEURY (+ 1743).

Our Brothers must remember that, during the French Revolution of 1789-1792, a very large number of the ORDER’s documents were entrusted to Maximilien de LORRAINE, Archbishop of COLOGNE, and then partially returned in September 1840 to Victor HUGO during his journey to COLOGNE. A certain number of documents remained in the hands of the HABSBURGS. Later the HABSBURGS established secret contacts with Abbés Bérenger SAUNIERE and Henri BOUDET (of the two RENNES) in the years 1890 to 1914, with the aim of entering into negotiations.

By ‘negotiations’ we do not mean financial manoeuvres, but negotiations for the exchange of documents. At the end of the French Revolution the PRIORY OF SION had already tried to obtain various official documents from Angélique LENOIR, but without success, as this lady claimed ‘that, under the Terror, she had burned all the papers’. This is not correct, as she entrusted part of them to the Comte d’ANTRAIGUES.

What was the secret of Angélique LENOIR? Why did she publicly claim to have destroyed all the deeds, papers and manuscripts that had been entrusted to her? Abbé DELILLE, like André CHENIER, referred to the ‘documents of the TEMPLE’! But which TEMPLE? That of RENNES, or that of the Templars? Or the mystery of the Temple perhaps?

The first two would not have been of any interest to the HABSBURGS, but the last of them certainly would have been, especially when we remember that Angélique LENOIR was the wife of Jean-Marie-Alexandre d’HAUTPOUL (she married him in 1781). In the spring of 1799 Elizabeth, known as ‘Mademoiselle de RENNES’, welcomed all her nephews (including General d’HAUTPOUL) to the Château de Montferrand (in Rennes-les-Bains). The aim of this family journey was to entrust to the eccentric noblewoman the famous documents of Angélique LENOIR. Elisabeth de RENNES died in Paris between 18 and 20 May 1820, completely ruined, and surviving only thanks to assistance from the sisters of a charitable order. The legitimist royalists did not hesitate to believe that the parchments of Angélique LENOIR (kept in Rennes) related to the escape of LOUIS XVII, and the HABSBURGS themselves believed in this version of the facts! At the time of writing nothing has been found at RENNES of the documents of Angélique LENOIR!

URSANNE



Rennes-le-Château Timeline

priory-of-sion.com