Coume Sourde Stone invented by Philippe de Chérisey

Paul Smith

18 July 2017

Philippe de Chérisey modelled the Coume Sourde Stone on the Roman Catholic symbol The Shield of Trinity and simply changed the Latin Catholic words.

Below: Depiction of a Knight holding The Shield of Trinity preparing to battle the Seven Vices by the artist William Peraldus (1190-1271), from a 13th century manuscript.

Rennes-le-Château Timeline